Office 365 subscribers who are using BCM will need to block automatic upgrades as BCM 2013 is the last BCM version. It will not work with Outlook 2016. See Outlook 2016: No BCM for more information and the steps needed to turn off automatic upgrades.
Outlook BCM 2013
The updated BCM for Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 (released November 2014) is now available. It is currently available to all Outlook 2010 and 2013 users.
BCM on Windows 10
How to migrate the BCM 2003 database to BCM 2010
Office 2010 and BCM
In Office 2010, Business Contact Manager is included only in the volume-license suite and as part of a TechNet or MSDN subscription. BCM 2010 is not included in any of the retail suites but is available for download.
Are you having problems with BCM? See:
- Accessing User-Defined Fields in a BCM2010 SQL Database
- Add BCM Account name to Contact's Company field
- BCM error converting data type int to smallint
- BCM Errors after Upgrading to Windows 10
- BCM Installer Tries to Install a Different Program
- BCM Toolbar Not Visible in Outlook
- BCM Users: Signup to Try New Program
- Business Contact Manager - FAQ
- Business Contact Manager (BCM) Utilities
- Business Contact Manager compatibility pack
- Can you use BCM Contacts in Outlook Web Access?
- Configuring BCM to share a SQL server database
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Utilities
- Enable BCM 2010's Contacts as Outlook Address Books
- Error: BCM can't be installed
- How to configure firewalls to share BCM
- Install BCM on computers that don't meet the requirements
- Office 2010 and BCM (Business Contact Manager)
- Outlook 2013 Notes have toolbars
- Outlook 2016: No BCM
Our original FAQ (for BCM 2003) is now at Microsoft Business Contact Manager - Frequently Asked Questions
For more tips and troubleshooting assistance, see the Business Contact Manager product page or the BCM Team blog
Have a question? Visit the BCM Forum (OutlookForums)
Other sources for BCM help:
Business Contact Manager for Outlook Developer Guide
BCM Team blog
Rahul Thomas Blogs BCM & Outlook 2013 articles
Business Contact Manager 2010 User Group (English)
Business Contact Manager (BCM) - Gratis Microsoft CRM in Outlook (Dutch)
Signup to try new Business Contact Manager replacement program.
Bad news for Business Contact Manager users: BCM will not be updated to work with Outlook 2016.
Error installing Business Contact Manager: BCM Setup tries to install some other program you previously downloaded.
Several users are having issues with Outlook and Business Contact Manager (BCM) after upgrading to Windows 10.
In BCM, custom fields are called user-defined fields (UDF). When a UDF is created, BCM creates entries in several tables to keep track of the new UDF, stores the actual data in binary format and labels the columns UserField# – where # is a number between 1 and 300.
A user decided the BCM was overkill for his needs and wanted to move his 5000 Business Contacts into Outlook Contacts before upgrading to Office 365. The only issue was keeping the contact associated with the Account name it was assigned to in BCM. The Company name field was suitable, but he needed to update