One of the most sought features of an e-mail program is the ability to automatically route, print and otherwise process incoming messages -- and outgoing messages as well.
These tools provide automatic messaging functions for specific situations. General message processing tools are at Automatic Messaging Processing Tools.
- Contact Management Tools -- Many of these utilities include autoresponders as one method of managing communications with contacts.
- Content Control Tools -- Includes tools to filter incoming and outgoing messages for content and attachments
- Message Extraction Tools -- To pull information automatically from incoming messages for use in databases, replies, etc.
- Pager Tools -- To automatically forward messages to a pager
- Notification Tools -- For enhanced alerts when new messages arrive
- Microsoft Exchange Server Scripting and Routing -- Building server-based automatic processing applications
- OL Overview of Programming with Rules