We are often asked how to merge two folders. It's easy – use a list view then drag the items to the other folder. Or use the Move to folder command. It doesn’t matter which type of Outlook folder you are using, the method is the same for all folders.
If you want to move all of the contents to another pst file, Export is quick and easy, but it can result in the loss of custom forms, custom views, and links to contacts. Export will copy everything in the source data file to the target data file.
To move entire folders, drag them to the new data file. This works well when you have custom views in a specific folder or published forms to a folder, as they move with the folder.
To selectively move the contents of some folders from one data file to another, you can use drag and drop or the Move to folder command.
- If not already open in your profile, you need to open the source data file using Open, Outlook data file
- Open the folder containing the items you want in the other data file
- If you are moving appointments or contacts, switch to a list view, such as All Appointments or By Category. In Outlook 2010, it's called List view. In Contacts, use Phone list view.
- Click on one item, the press Ctrl+A to select all.
- Select all (Ctrl+A)
- Use the Move to folder (or Copy to folder) command or drag the items to the folder you want to move the items to.
If you prefer to use a utility to automate this for you, see the utilities listed below.
Merge selected folders from PST files, such as, Inboxes, Calendars, Contacts, Journals, Tasks etc. to another PST file. Combine data from files created in different Outlook versions. All your data stored in original PST files will be preserved and merged without making any changes to the original files. Merge, move or copy specified Outlook data from one PST file to a selected PST file without the need to merge all content from both PST files. PST Merger is compatible with the latest Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.
Use Stellar Merge PST software to merge or join multiple Outlook PST files into a single file. Merge or join all data items such as Emails, Contacts, Notes, Calendars, Tasks, and Journals without altering the data of the original PST files. Eliminates duplicate data while merging. Removes deleted and junk folders. Supports password-protected Outlook PST files. Free Trial.