Outlook 2010 December 2012 Hotfix
The December update for Outlook 2010 includes a hotfix that fixes a handful of Outlook issues affecting Exchange server users and shared mailboxes or folders.
- When you download the Offline Address Book (OAB) using Outlook 2010 in cached mode, you receive an error message: 0x8007000E 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM users may have an issue where Outlook crashes when they open a shared calendar folder
- Searching a large shared folder is slow.
- When you open an email message in a shared mailbox in online mode and assign a category for the email message then open the same message using a cached mode profile, there is additional text in body of the email message.
November 15, 2012
Both Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007 have updates out this week (along with junk mail updates for Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010).
The Outlook 2010 update contains stability and performance improvements as well as addresses an issue with Office 365 and expired passwords, where Outlook disconnects from the server but doesn't tell you that the password has expired. It also fixes an issue with the display of the Connection Status dialog when you use a right-to-left language and Outlook crashing when you accept a meeting in the Jerusalem time zone.
October 30, 2012
We have two Outlook 2010 hotfixes in this month's updates. The first, KB 2687620 covers two issues:
- Outlook crashes when you close an email message and then open a meeting request.
- When you send a meeting request to a contact group whose display name contains Japanese characters, the meeting room is not displayed in the meeting request. As a result, the meeting room is not reserved.
The second hotfix KB 2687608 addresses a large number of issues, with just a few of the issues listed below. Read the KB articles for complete details.
- When you disable the Conversation view and close the Reading Pane in Outlook 2010 the Mark Unread button does not behave as expected and you have to click Mark Unread twice to mark the message as unread.
- Incoming email messages are moved to the Deleted Items folder after you reconfigure a profile to use a different mailbox.
- When you accept a meeting request in the Jerusalem time zone time zone, Outlook crashes.
- When both Outlook 2010 and Lync 2010 are running at the same time, Outlook crashes.
- When you add a lot of folders to the Favorites list, some folders are not displayed in the list.
- After saving and closing a meeting request or an appointment in Outlook 2010, if you reopen the item you cannot change the properties of the Sensitivity drop-down list in the Properties dialog box.
- Editing the Do not deliver before time in a message in your Outbox causes the message to be sent immediately when you use online Exchange mode.
- When you use the PrintDarkColors registry key and assign a dark color category to the item the text in the calendar item is displayed in the background color instead of in white when you print the calendar.
- When you sign or encrypt a message that contains an MHT attachment, the attachment becomes corrupted.
- When you have multiple search folders and Outlook 2010 is in online mode, it takes longer than expected to load the data in one of the search folders.
- When you enable the option to Update tracking information and delete responses that don't contain comments, meeting responses may not be deleted from the Inbox folder.
- When you close and reopen Outlook while it is synchronizing a large mailbox, the sync process starts again from the beginning.
- When you use two Exchange mailboxes in online mode, a message containing any attachment using the second account, the message is actually sent from your default account.
- You receive a script error message •Assume that you use a document library as the home page for a folder in Outlook 2010, and the Managed Metadata column is defined in the document library. When you upload a document or an item to the document library by using Outlook, you receive a script error message.
Outlook 2010 August 28, 2012 Hotfixes
Microsoft released four hotfixes for Outlook 2010 last week (all the highly description titles of "Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (Outlook-*.msp): August 28, 2012"). Included in the hotfix packages was a fix for Office 365 expired passwords. (A hotfix is available for Outlook 2007 as well.) The dialog box links users to a URL where they can change their password. For more information about the password expiration problem, see Outlook password expiration notification in Office 365
Other issues fixed in the Outlook-x-none.msp hotfix include the following:
- When Outlook 2010 starts up while a network connection is disabled, users are prompted for credentials the next time that Outlook 2010 is started with the network connection enabled.
- When you use an on-premises Exchange server and save your credentials password by selecting the Remember password setting then migrate the mailbox to Office 365, you cannot start Outlook and receive the following error message: Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Microsoft Exchange is not available. Either there are network problems or the Exchange server is down for maintenance.
- When a meeting organizer removes attendees from an entire series of a recurring meeting, attendees that the organizer added to the meeting exceptions are removed from the meeting workspace.
- When you create a meeting request and add additional addresses to the Have replies sent to: field then later update the meeting, the meeting update is sent only to the recipients that are in the Have replies sent to: field instead of to all the meeting attendees.
- When you send a read-only email message that has an email attachment, the message is sent but the email attachment missing.
- Outlook crashes when you edit and then try to save a read-only mail item.
- When you use the DisableTNEF registry value set to 1 and open an email message that requests a read receipt, the read receipt is corrupted and won't send. This causes other messages to hang in the Outbox. You may receive this error message: Task '<account name> - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13): 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.' Read receipts on messages encoded with Japanese (EUC) are affected by a similar issue.
- When you use the PstDisableGrow registry value set to 1 and copy a meeting from the Outlook calendar to a SharePoint calendar, the meeting item does not sync to the SharePoint calendar. (Only meetings are affected.)
- Using the DisableCrossAccountCopy crashes Outlook when you try to copy an .msg file to a mailbox folder.
- Issues with shared folders that are fixed include one issue where users are unable to rename subfolders in a shared mailbox because the folder name reverts to its original name when you restart Outlook. There is also an issue where disabling the download shared folder options results in deleted un-read receipts are returned to erroneously.
- When you select a shared calendar in the Calendar view then deselect your own calendar, Outlook crashes when you switch back to the Calendar view from any other view.
- When you run Outlook 2010 in online mode against Exchange Server 2010 server and enable Desktop Alerts, Outlook may randomly stop receiving new email notifications.
- Searching email items while Outlook 2010 is in online mode, results in "Your search returned a large number of results. Narrow your search, or click here to view all results" message is displayed yet no search results are returned when you close the message.
- After you apply the hotfix package that is described in KB 2598318 from April 24, 2012, you cannot use the Outlook object model to save an item to a network location.
- When the Global Address List is not the default address list in the Outlook Address Book and you switch from online mode to offline mode, and then back to online mode, you receive an error message "The bookmark is not valid" when you try to open the Address Book:
- Moving folders from a PST file to an Exchange mailbox that has a mailbox quota and exceeding the quota deletes the unmoved items from the pst file. (The unmoved items that should remain in the folder.)
You can request this hotfix at Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (Outlook-x-none.msp): August 28, 2012
More August 28 2012 hotfixes
Three smaller hotfixes were also released. The first one addresses a problem creating meetings when an attendee's address includes an "&" and you use the Unified Messaging add-in (UMOutlookAddin.dll) as well as one with Information Rights Management (IRM)-protected email messages, where voice messages sent by a user who disabled Allow Voice Mail Preview can't be opened by the recipient. The hotfix for these two issues are at KB 2687392
The hotfix in KB 2687343 fixes a problem for users of the Microsoft Office Language Interface Pack, where they cannot see the free/busy information about attendees in a meeting when you click Scheduling Assistant.
The final hotfix fixes a problem from the April 10 hotfix (KB 2553248) where an offline Outlook Data File (.ost) and an Outlook profile are created unexpectedly. You can get that hotfix at Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (Outlook intl-xx-xx.msp): August 28, 2012
April 2012 Updates: Outlook 2010 and the Social connector
An update was released for Outlook 2010 earlier this week which addresses two issues with Outlook when used with Exchange server mailboxes. The first issue involves recurring meeting reminders when using online mode, the second apples to users with the online archive feature enabled.
In addition, two Outlook Social Connector updates were released, one for the OSC and one for the SharePoint Provider. These updates improve the stability and performance if the Social Connector. An update for the Facebook Provider was released in January.
For more information and to download the Outlook 2010 update, see Description of the Outlook 2010 update: April 10, 2012