This is a list of Outlook 2010 hotfixes and updates released in 2013. Updates can be downloaded from Microsoft Update while hotfixes need to be requested (it's a simple process to request a hotfix). Note that hotfixes are packaged into later updates and as long as you have Outlook updated to the most recently available updates, early hotfixes may be installed. There is no set period of time before hotfixes are included in cumulative updates, but it generally takes a few months.
October 8 2013 Hotfix
We had two hotfixes for Outlook 2010 this month. The first one addresses a number of issues.
- Quota information is displayed incorrectly for your account when you have permission to view another user's folder.
- The unread and read count for email messages is not updated.
- Outlook crashes when you scroll through a message if the Cisco Unity voice mail form is installed.
- Outlook may crash if you set search folders to be stale.
- Outlook crashes when you use Schedule view.
- The Favorites folders for additional mailboxes are not displayed when Outlook starts.
- When you export items from the search results folder in a discovery search mailbox, to a .pst file, calendar items are not exported.
- When you synchronize a task list with a SharePoint Server 2013 task list, you receive a 0x80004005 error code.
- When you install a Visual Studio add-in that cancels write events for tasks and you assign a task to a user, the Manage Task group is disabled.
- When a group policy prompts for sending read receipts, the read receipt dialog box comes up even if you checked "Don't ask me about sending receipts again check box in the dialog box."
- A meeting cancellation notice for a recurring meeting causes Outlook to crash when the "Some invitees use other mail programs option" is enabled.
- Messages aren't sent if you use the option to save the reply in the same folder as the original and delete the ost file, then reply to a message.
- When the length of the legacyExchangeDN attribute and a server name exceeds 245 characters and you send an email message from a cached mode profile, the email message remains in the Outbox folder and is never sent.
- When Adobe Reader is installed and you print a message that contains a .pdf file, you may receive the following error message: There was an error opening this document. The selected file cannot be found.
- When TNEF is disabled and you use an IMAP account to send an email message to an invalid recipient, you do not receive a non-delivery report (NDR) message.
For a complete list of issues fixed, see Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (Outlook-x-none.msp): October 8, 2013
Office.com calendar publishing ends April 4, 2014
The second hotfix Outlook 2010 adds a warning to the Calendar publishing feature, alerting the user that as of April 4, 2014, Office.com will no longer host published calendars.
Outlook 2010 August 13 2013 Hotfix
This Outlook 2010 post-SP2 hotfix contains a number of fixes:
- Outlook 2010 crashes randomly.
- When you press CTRL+N to create a new advanced search in the Advanced Find dialog box, Outlook 2010 crashes.
- When you view the online archive for a manage, two archives with the same name
- Outlook is slow to start when archive and retention policies are configured for a mailbox.
- When you expand an Online Archive folder in a mailbox in Online mode in Outlook 2010, you receive the following error message: Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened.
- Microsoft Exchange is not available. Either there are network problems or the exchange server is down for maintenance.
- When you configure Outlook to download headers only for items in an IMAP account then send an email message that contains a large attachment, duplicate attachments are displayed when you open the message.
- When you synchronize Outlook 2010 with SharePoint Server 2010, an alternative URL is used instead of the primary URL.
- When you apply a retention policy for a calendar item when using cached mode, the
retention date of the item is calculated incorrectly.
- When you try to set up a new account for the first time, it takes 3-5 minutes to populate your username or email address on the home screen.
- When you add an attachment to an email message that you want to forward in Outlook 2010 and the message contains an inline image and you add a signature that contains a hyperlink to the draft of the email message and save the draft of the email message, then add another attachment to the draft, the attachment is missing.
- You receive error code 2147221233 when you use the Exchange Management tools to export a mailbox, you receive.
For more information or to download the hotfix, see Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (Outlook-x-none.msp): August 13, 2013
Office updates for July
Outlook 2010 users have a hotfix that addresses an issue involving meeting requests. When you create a meeting request from an HTML email message that contains images that are hosted on a SharePoint server in Outlook 2010, you are prompted for your credentials. (You'll also need the hotfix in KB 2596501.)
Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (Oart-x-none.msp): July 10, 2013
Note: KB 2817549 replaces the June hotfix (KB 2760782) that was withdrawn shortly after release.
A complete list of all Office updates in the July 2013 release can be found at Description of the Office updates: July 9, 2013. This list covers all Office products and versions.
Outlook's June updates
The Outlook 2010 hotfix in KB2817371 addresses the following issues:
- When you apply the Do Not Forward permission to an email message that contains some images and then save the email message in Outlook 2010 then delete one image from the message, he deleted image is sent as an attachment when you send it.
- When you connect to alternative mailboxes such as auto-mapped mailboxes, modern
public folders, and archive mailboxes, Outlook 2010 uses an external host name.
- When you create a data collector set for Outlook 2010 in performance monitor, no data
- When AutoDiscover settings are changed on an Exchange server, the profile is partially updated.
- When you perform an advanced search in the address book, you receive an error message: The search cannot be completed. The bookmark is not valid.
- When you send an encrypted email message to an One-Off address from the AutoComplete cache in Outlook 2010, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Outlook had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missing or invalid certificates, or conflicting or unsupported encryption capabilities
- When you use Group Policy Object (GPO) to sign all email messages, and forward a meeting invite or a calendar item, you receive an error message: The message you are sending cannot be processed by the underlying security system. To reset the system, turn off the security options on this message, then save and close it. Then try the operation again.
- Non-federated users do not receive alerts when their password is nearing expiration.
- When you configure a POP3 profile, duplicated email messages are repeatedly downloaded.
Outlook 2010 April 2013 updates
Outlook 2010 has just one hotfix this month and it fixes two minor problems:
- After creating a new folder in the Inbox, the new folder is not selected.
- When you use the Publish to GAL function in Outlook and then send an encrypted message, recipients cannot open the encrypted message.
Note: you must have Office 2010 SP 1 installed.
Outlook 2010 released three hotfixes on February 12 2013.
KB2597090 addresses an issues where Outlook freezes when you try to download an offline address book (OAB) that is outside a firewall.
KB2760799 fixes an issue where Room Finder doesn't properly populate the room list.
KB2760764 addresses several issues, including:
- Meetings with Show time as set to Free don't display on shared calendars.
- When you delete the .ost file and disconnect the Internet connection, and then restart Outlook and reconnect to the Internet, then close and restart Outlook, default folders are duplicated.
- After you set the PstDisableGrow registry value to 1 , you cannot synchronize calendar item updates between SharePoint Server 2010 and Outlook 2010.
- When you use a keyboard with a German keyboard layout, and use a compound word to search for email messages that contain the compound word, no search results are returned.
- Outlook crashes when you click the Related button, "Messages in this Conversation" option in an email message.
- A Calendar label is dim and difficult to read when added to your profile.
- When you create a custom form that has a rich text body and replace the IPM.Note message class, then set the Compose messages in this format to Rich Text in Options, messages use plain text, not RTF.