At this time, the only way to sync a Google Calendar with Outlook is using third party utilities, but if you don't need to sync, you can open a read-only calendar in Outlook.
The Google Calendar Sync Utility utility will work with Outlook (all versions).
- Go to your Gmail calendar
- Right click on the calendar name in the left column and choose Share this calendar
- Click the Calendar Details tab.
- Click the ICAL icon for the Private Address.
- Right click on the URL and choose Copy. Note the HTTPS in the URL. You'll need to remove the S to use the URL in Outlook.
- In Outlook, go to File, Account Settings, Internet Calendar tab.
- Click New.
- Paste the URL in the address field and remove the S from https.
- Click Add. Enter a friend name for the calendar and return to Outlook.
The calendar will sync to Outlook but it is read-only. You can't add appointments in Outlook and have them sync up to the server. Updates made to the calendar online should sync down to Outlook hourly.