We're seeing complaints about appointments moving themselves to the Deleted Items folder on a regular basis and reminders for unknown appointments from 12/31/1979 that keep returning.
"Appointments in my calendar delete themselves every hour Outlook 2007 is open. The appointments are from the last year or so but in looking at the deleted appointments, they are dated Jan 1, 1980."
I have a meeting scheduled for 12/31/1979. I have no idea how to delete it and sometimes I will get 50-60 reminders a day. I have tried to find the calendar entry in 1979 but it doesn't exist.
I currently have two appointments were deleted, appearing every two hours in the deleted folder in Outlook. The dates of the appointment have also been changed to read "12/31/1979" and the times to 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM.
These are ghost appointments created by the Google sync tool.
Search your Google calendar for the appointments or meeting invitations using the "Search my Calendars" toolbar above Google calendar and delete them.
Empty your deleted items folder in Outlook and then sync.
If solution #1 doesn't work (or if you have a lot of appointments to delete) the following steps should take care of it
- Move your Outlook calendar to a new Calendar folder. To do this, create a new calendar folder then use a List view, select all, then use the Edit, Move to folder command.
- Delete everything on both calendars (Outlook default calendar and Google), if the calendars are not empty.
- Initiate a sync with Google Calendar.
- Move your calendar from the new calendar folder back into the default Outlook calendar.
- Re-sync to Google calendar.
Note that this was suggested by a user and I have yet to find anyone else who said it worked for them, possibly because the appointment or meeting was not something most affected users created, but something Google or the sync tool dreamed up.
- Go to Outlook's Deleted Items folder.
- Open the deleted calendar item.
- Change the date from Dec 31, 1979 to after Jan 1, 1980.
- Drag the item back into the calendar.