Release date: January 29 2013
As everyone probably heard by now, Office 2013 was finally released to the general public. Corporations with volume licenses have had access for several weeks, as have MSDN/TechNet subscribers, so it's somewhat of an anticlimax release. Even so, I would feel remiss not to mention it.
While Office 2013 not yet available to all Office 365 (hosted services) subscribers with software rights, Office 365 SharePoint sites are migrating and current subscribers to email services are rumored to be moving to Exchange 2013 at the end of February 2013.
Office 365 subscribers with SharePoint sites check to see if they were migrated to SharePoint 2013 can view the response headers in IE by following these steps.
- Open the SharePoint site in IE.
- Press F12 or go to Tools > F12 Developer tools.
- Click on the Network tab then on Start Capturing
- Refresh the page or browse the site
- Double click on the first row (contains a full URL)
- Select Response Headers tab
- Look for MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices in the Key column. The version is in the Value column.
SharePoint 2013 is version 220.127.116.1133. Migrated sites are running on IIS 7.5.