A user complained that iCloud stopped working after installing a security update and returned the following error message when he tried to view iCloud folders.
The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Apple\INTERN~1\APLZOD.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.
The usual fixes of signing out of iCloud and signing back in or reinstalling iCloud won’t fix this problem. It's due to a change in how Outlook determines if it should trust an addin and unfortunately, due to Outlook 2007's age, it doesn't handle it properly. You'll need to add one of the registry keys below to allow iCloud to work. These keys are not necessary in Outlook 2010 and above as these newer versions do trust properly written addins.
Consumers and others not using group policies will use this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security\ DWORD: AllowUnregisteredMapiServices Value: 1 (disable the security checks)
The group policy key is at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security\ DWORD: AllowUnregisteredMapiServices Value: 1 (disable the new security checks)
You will need to restart Outlook for the key to take affect.
Do it for me
More Information"Outlook's June 13 2017 Security Update"
More Outlook and iCloud integration articles:
- After Installing iCloud, Mail Won't Send?
- Create a Task and copy to another Tasks folder
- iCloud Add-in is not listed in Outlook Add-ins
- iCloud and Outlook Problems: Syncing Calendar
- iCloud and Outlook Repair Now error
- iCloud Doesn't Sync
- iCloud error: Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile
- iCloud for Outlook 2016
- iCloud is hijacking Meeting Invitations
- iCloud, Outlook 2016, and Windows 10
- Issues Syncing Outlook and iCloud Contacts
- Outlook and iCloud Sync Issues
- Outlook and iCloud: default data files
- Outlook and iCloud: What you need to know
- Outlook crashes when syncing iCloud calendars
- Save appointments to a non-default Outlook calendar folder
- Save New Contacts to iCloud Contacts
- Syncing iPhone Sent Messages with Outlook
- Transfer POP3 Mail on an iPhone to Outlook