iCloud users are reporting problems with Outlook, where iCloud reports that you need to use repair to fix Outlook.
When I open iCloud I receive this error message: "We're sorry but Microsoft Office has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Microsoft Office will need to be closed as a result." It's asking me to "Repair now." Outlook is working fine. Then iCloud is not responding. How do I fix this? I tried repairing Outlook but the problem continues.
Note, these steps will completely delete Contacts, Calendar events, and Tasks from the computer but will not remove them from iCloud.
- Open outlook and delete the iCloud Data Folder. To do this, Go to File, Account Settings, Data files tab. Select the iCloud data file and remove it.
- Go to Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel and completely Uninstall iCloud Control Panel
- After iCloud is uninstalled Click Microsoft Office 365 and perform a Quick Repair
- Download the latest version of iCloud from Apple and install.
- The error "Outlook has to close...click Close or Choose to Repair" message will appear again.
- Close Outlook. DO NOT CHOOSE REPAIR.
- iCloud Setup will finish installing and start downloading contacts, calendars, and tasks from the iCloud.
- After this is complete Contacts, Calendar Events and Tasks should be in Outlook.
When you delete the iCloud data file from Outlook, you are only removing the cached local copy of your iCloud data. A copy of your appointments, contacts, and tasks are stored at icloud.com.
More Outlook and iCloud articles at slipstick.com:
- After Installing iCloud, Mail Won't Send?
- Create a Task and copy to another Tasks folder
- How to fix the iCloud APLZOD.dll error in Outlook
- iCloud Add-in is not listed in Outlook Add-ins
- iCloud and Outlook Problems: Syncing Calendar
- iCloud Doesn't Sync
- iCloud error: Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile
- iCloud for Outlook 2016
- iCloud is hijacking Meeting Invitations
- iCloud, Outlook 2016, and Windows 10
- Issues Syncing Outlook and iCloud Contacts
- Outlook and iCloud Sync Issues
- Outlook and iCloud: default data files
- Outlook and iCloud: What you need to know
- Outlook crashes when syncing iCloud calendars
- Save appointments to a non-default Outlook calendar folder
- Save New Contacts to iCloud Contacts
- Syncing iPhone Sent Messages with Outlook
- Transfer POP3 Mail on an iPhone to Outlook