GoDaddy is in the process of moving email accounts to Office 365 servers. After your account is moved, you'll need to update Outlook for the new server.
You have two options:
- Remove the account and add it back as a Microsoft Exchange account.
- Change the server names and settings to use Office 365 servers.
While changing the account to use Microsoft Exchange is recommended and will sync your calendar and contacts with the server, you can update just the POP or IMAP and SMTP servers.
Changing the account to Microsoft Exchange is simple: remove the account from Outlook and add it back using auto account setup. However, if you are using IMAP and have calendar, contacts, and tasks in folders named "this computer only", you will need to export those folders before removing the account from Outlook or you will lose the contents of those folders. (Mail folders in IMAP and all folders in POP accounts are safe.)
If you want to continue using POP or IMAP, change the server names to the following:
|Incoming POP Mail
|Incoming IMAP Mail
The server names are also available in Outlook on the web's Settings (gear icon) > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Sync Email.
To change the POP or IMAP and SMTP server settings in current versions of Outlook:
- Click on the File tab and select the account from the menu at the top.
- Click Account Settings > Server Settings.
- Under Incoming server, use outlook.office365.com (for either POP or IMAP)
- Under Outgoing swerver, use smtp.office365.com. Change the port to 587 and the Encryption method to STARTTLS
Update mobile devices
If you have the accounts setup on a mobile device, the process is the same. I highly recommend removing the account and adding it back using auto account setup. Choose Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange if you need to choose an account type.
If you use POP or IMAP, use the same server names you are using in Outlook (from the chart above).