This was fixed as of build 7870.2031. After updating the Office installation, you may need to rebuild the search index.
Outlook 2016 users are discovering that after updating to builds 7870.2020 and higher, search stops working for POP accounts and PST files.
Until this is fixed in a future build, it is recommended that affected users revert to build 16.0.7571.2109.
To revert to the previous working version follow these steps:
- Close Outlook.
- Open a command prompt using Run as Administrator
- Run this command (Copy then right-click to Paste in the Command Prompt window):
cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun
- Then this one (copy and paste):
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.7571.2109
- It will take a few minutes or so for Office to download and replace the older updates
- Re-open Outlook and click File, Office Account and set Update Options to Disable Updates
- Add an appointment on your calendar for a month or more out to remind you to re-enable updates.
For more information on reverting Office 2013 and Office 2016 to older builds, see Uninstall Updates in Office 'Click to Run'