I use Microsoft Outlook for my email through a Comcast.net address, which is set up as a Microsoft Account so I can sync my desktop and Samsung Android Outlook calendars and contacts. How do I add this account to Outlook now that it's on the new server?
After accounts are moved to the new Outlook.com server, anyone syncing calendar and contacts using a Microsoft account created with their own email address instead of an Outlook.com address won't be able to set up their account in Outlook on the desktop as it only supports auto-account setup. If you try to use auto-account setup, it adds the email account, not the Outlook.com account.
To get around this problem, you need to add an Outlook.com alias to your account then set it as a log in account.
- Log into Outlook.com using your Microsoft Account.
- Click on the Gear icon then select Connected Account
- Click Manage or choose a primary alias at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Add email.
- Create a new Outlook.com email address. If you already have an Outlook.com address listed skip to the next step to verify it can be used to log in.
- Click Change sign in preferences and verify the new alias is selected so that it can be used to sign in.
Use this address to set up the account in Outlook on your desktop and devices.
You should be able to set up the account on your devices using Exchange or Outlook.com as the account type and eas.outlook.com as the server name with your non-Microsoft address, but auto account setup will work if you use the Outlook.com address.