Microsoft Outlook comes with a file named Outlook.hol that includes lists of holidays that you can import into your personal Calendar folder using the File, Options, Calendar, Add Holidays command. This makes it easy to add holidays and many users wind up importing the same group of holidays twice or adding extra holidays.
If you have holidays in a separate calendar, see Remove the Holiday or Birthday calendar from Outlook.com or Office 365 Email.
You can remove the holidays, or duplicates, using one of these methods: delete all events in the Holiday category then re-add the holidays you want added, use Instant Search to find all events with 'holiday' in the subject and group by location then delete, or to delete just the duplicates, use the Created date field to sort by date added and delete the events which have same created date.
If you added more than one set of holidays, you can group by location, then select the location group header and delete.
Search for Holidays
You can use the Search field to find holidays.
- In the Search field, type 'holiday'.
- Right-click on a field and choose Group by This Field. If you want to delete all holidays, group by the Holiday field. If you want to delete some locations but not all holidays, group by the Location field.
- Go to View tab, click Expand/Collapse menu and choose Collapse All Groups.
- Select the group name and Delete.
Delete all events in the Holiday category
You can delete all holidays then add back the holidays you need. This works especially well if you have duplicate holidays to delete.
- Switch to a List view then arrange by Category.
- Collapse the Groups to make it easier to find the category
- Select the Holiday category then press Delete.
- Go to File, Options, Calendar and click Add Holidays. Select the Locations you want to install and complete the wizard.
Sort by Created date
Use this method if you have duplicate holidays to delete from the calendar. All holidays that were added at the same time will have the same created date.
In Outlook 2010 and up:
- Switch to the View ribbon and select Change View, List
- Click View Settings then Columns
- Select Created and click Add -> to add it to the view
- Click OK to return to Outlook
- Sort by the Created date field
- The holidays that are imported together will have the same Created date
- Select the first event and hold Shift as you select the last
- Press Delete
To remove the duplicates from Outlook 2007 and older
To use the Created date method to delete duplicated appointments in Outlook 2007 and older, follow the instructions below.
- Choose View | Current View | Events to switch to the table-format Events view. All the holidays will be listed under the Recurrence: (none) group. (Outlook 2003: View | Arrange By | Current View | Events)
- Right-click any column heading, then choose Field Chooser.
- In the Field Chooser, switch from the Frequently-used fields list to Date/Time fields, and then drag the Created date to the view to add it to the fields displayed.
- Click on the Created column header to sort by that field.
- You should now see two distinct sets of holidays, each in reverse chronological order. Click on the first holiday of the set you want to delete.
- Use the scroll bar to view the last holiday of that set. Hold down the Shift key as you click on the last holiday. This selects all the holidays in that set.
- Press Delete to remove them all from the Calendar folder.
- Drag the Created column header out of the view to remove it.
While its very easy to remove duplicate Holidays and a duplicate removal utility is not necessary, if you have duplicates of other calendar appointments, one of the tools below can remove the duplicates.
Tools in the Spotlight
Outlook Duplicate Killer is an add-in for Microsoft Outlook. Find, merge and remove Outlook duplicates. Compare, assign the category, flag and move duplicates to selected folders. Find and remove duplicate contacts, emails, calendar events, tasks and notes automatically. Manage duplicates in any Microsoft Outlook folder, including Microsoft Exchange and Public folders. Preview duplicate search results prior to processing. New Duplicate Killer has improved user interface. Now account name and folder path are display.
Delete duplicate contacts, notes, tasks, journal and calendar items in Microsoft Outlook folders and Exchange Server folders. Duplicates can be marked, copied or moved to any folder. It supports searching across the folders. Supports all versions of Outlook, including Outlook 2007/2010. Version 2.6
ReliefJet Essentials is a set of 162 utilities for Outlook, Office 365 and Exchange Server. It can backup, import, export and convert data into different formats. Perform personalized mass mailings. Save, remove and optimize attachments. Find and remove duplicate messages, contacts, appointments, meetings, and other items. Retrieve statistics on email usage and get reports on Outlook data and settings. You can run the utilities directly from Outlook, automatically in rules, via standalone app, or from the command line.
1-click solution to remove duplicate mails, contacts or calendar items. Merges contacts automatically, has an undo function and a configurable advanced mode. Version 3.03 Now supports Outlook 2010 (both 32 and 64 bit).
Duplicate Remover will find, merge and remove duplicates in 3 steps using simple search wizard. Search duplicate items and merge Outlook duplicates automatically. Review & merge duplicate Outlook contacts. Remove Outlook Inbox duplicates, duplicate Contacts and Calendar events, Junk contacts. Quickly clean up all your contacts. Application can now be started as a standalone, without starting Microsoft Outlook. Scan Outlook inbox automatically and clean duplicates in one click. Now delete duplicates for multiple folders.
Deduper does exactly as the name suggests, it searches and removes all duplicates - including appointments, contacts, notes, tasks or emails.
Delete Duplicates for Outlook deletes duplicate e-mails. Detect and remove duplicate messages, contacts, calendar items, tasks, journal entries and notes. Compare messages by content (Standard), by part of the content (Special) or by unique message-id's (Light). Compare attachments and/or embedded files, by name and/or by content. Compare duplicates across several mailboxes or in within the boundaries of individual mailboxes. Use Regular Expressions. Works with all Outlook versions, inc. Outlook 2010/2013 32 or 64-bit.
The Duplicate Appointments Eliminator allows you to either delete all the duplicates or move them to a folder of your choice. Comparisons of two appointments (optionally) based on subject, location, start time, end time, body, categories, recurrences, and required attendees. Works with Exchange public folders or other shared folders and you can choose to operate on a single folder or select many folders at once. Works with Microsoft Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2000.
Kernel for Outlook Duplicates Remover tool is specifically programmed to remove duplicate items of MS Outlook permanently. The tool easily locates all duplicate Outlook items and provides option to either manage them or remove them permanently. The tool supports removal of duplicate items for all MS Outlook versions. Its free trial version can remove 10 items from each folder and expires after 30 days of download.
NoMoreDupes detects and removes all duplicated Outlook items both in an Outlook pst file, a public folder or in an Exchange account. It shows the found duplicates in a preview for the user to decide which duplicates to remove. You can move the duplicated Outlook items to your "Deleted Items" or to any other folder you specify. NoMoreDupes uses a special algorithm to detect the Outlook duplicates. This Outlook-Add-In works with all versions of Outlook, including Outlook 2010/2013 64bit.
Free tool for removing duplicate items from Outlook folders. ODIR recognizes duplicates in Contacts; Calendar; Tasks; Notes and Email folders. Using ODIR is very easy: select a folder and click the button Remove Duplicate Items. ODIR scans the selected folder for duplicates and MOVES all duplicates found to a subfolder ODIR_duplicate_items. Version 1.2
Clean up your Outlook mailbox from unwanted and duplicate emails with Outlook duplicate remover tool. This software works as an Add-Ins in Outlook and removes duplicates as per different time span and scan criteria. Customized operations like Mark as Expired or Flag, Delete Permanently, Copy to folder and more are also a notable feature of this software.