The articles in this section cover the configuration and maintenance of Outlook. This includes what files Outlook uses and where they are stored: Outlook Backup and Dual-Boot File locations
See Converting Addresses and Converting Messages and Calendars explain how to convert to and from other mail, calendar, and address books and include lists of programs that will make the conversions go smoothly.
- Converting Addresses and Messages
- Converting Addresses to or from Outlook
- Converting Outlook Messages and Calendars
- How to move email from another program to Outlook
- Command Line Switches for Outlook 2013 & 2016
- Command Line Switches Tutorial
- Command Lines Switches for Outlook 2010
- Housekeeping and Message Management: Outlook
- How to locate, read, or recover items archived using AutoArchive
- How to repair a damaged Outlook Personal Folders file (pst)
- How to use Outlook's Command Line Switches
- To Secure Your Personal Folders (*.pst) File
Moving to a New Computer
- Deliver All POP3 Accounts to One Outlook Inbox
- How to move IMAP data files
- Move an Outlook Personal Folders .pst File
- Moving Outlook to a New Computer
- Outlook Backup and Dual-Boot File locations
Operating System Issues
Microsoft Outlook 2010: Although mostly identical to Outlook 2007's files, a few things have changed, including the default location for a POP3 pst file is in the My Documents folder and the nickname cache (NK2) is not used by Outlook 2010. See Microsoft Outlook 2010 Backup and Dual Boot File Locations for specifics. We often
For Microsoft Outlook 2007, see Microsoft Outlook 2007 Backup and Dual Boot File Locations. Includes file locations in Vista and Windows 7. Outlook 2010's backup information is at Microsoft Outlook 2010 Backup and Dual Boot File Locations. Where is my Microsoft Outlook data stored, people often ask? Your Outlook folders are either in a mailbox
The key to getting Microsoft Outlook to dial telephone numbers the way you want is to enter numbers in the right format. Any numbers outside your own country should be entered in "international" format. Also use international format for all numbers (not just those in other countries), if you do any traveling outside your country.
How to move an Outlook pst file used by an IMAP account or the ost file used by Outlook 2013 IMAP and EAS accounts. . Instructions include steps to move the pst or use the ForcePSTPath registry key.
How to use a batch file to backup Microsoft Outlook personal files (*.pst). Includes sample batch files.
How to open the More Settings dialog to configure Outgoing (SMTP) server settings, port numbers, and other settings.
How to password-protect Microsoft Outlook data files so other people can't read your email or view your calendar or contacts.
How to remove email accounts from an Outlook profile then recreate the correct account. Fix "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable" error.
How to change how often Microsoft Outlook does automatic send and receives, you need to edit the Send and Receive settings.
Step-by-step instructions for moving Microsoft Outlook from one computer to another.