How do I get the total number of emails I receive at a daily level? I see the number of email in my inbox, and the number of unread emails, but I want to know the number of emails I received yesterday.
This is actually very easy to do: create a Search Folder that looks for mail received Yesterday (or any period you desire.)
To do this, right click on the Search folder and choose New Search folder.
Scroll to the end of the New Search Folder dialog and choose “Create a custom search folder”
- Click Choose to choose the criteria.
- Type a name for the search folder
- Click the Criteria button to open the filter dialog.
- In the Time field, choose Received and select Yesterday.
If you are searching all folders in your mailbox and use RSS feeds, you may want to add a condition to the Advanced tab: Message class is IPM.Note so that the search folder is limited to email. If you limit the search to the Inbox, this will not be necessary.
Click Ok when finished adding filters.
- Click the Browse button if you want to limit the folders that are searched. Deselect the Mailbox root and select the Inbox and any other folders you want to include.
To see the message count, open the search folder and check the Status bar.
Or, right-click on the folder and choose Properties then set the folder to show the total number of items instead of number of unread items. You may need to open the Search folder to refresh the count.
Note: If you use an older version of Outlook or all messages you need to count are in one folder (such as the Inbox) you can create a custom view using this filter. Apply the custom view to display the messages and get the count from the status bar then switch back to your default view to view all messages.