This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant.
This page contains troubleshooting tips for the Outlook Social Connector and links to additional troubleshooting pages.
Social Connector pane error: an add-in failed to run
A user received this error in the "people pane" in Outlook:
"An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in Internet Options for potential conflicts"
This error occurs because ActiveX is disabled in the Internet zone. You need to open Internet Options, then go to the Security tab. Select Internet Zone, Custom Level, scroll down to ActiveX Controls and plugins and enable the option for "Run ActiveX Controls and plug-ins". If Internet Explorer is locked down to prevent ActiveX controls from running, you won't be able to use the people pane.
- Certificate Error in Outlook's Social Connector
- Emails are not shown in the People Pane (Fixed)
- Goodbye, SharePoint Social Connector
- Help! My Contacts are being updated!
- Is the People Pane secure?
- LinkedIn Social Connector Provider: Gone
- Outlook's Social Connector
- Outlook's Social Connector and Contacts Sync
- Stop Showing Contact Pictures in Messages
- Troubleshooting Outlook's Social Connector