The Social connector will be removed from Office 365 / 2019 in mid-2020. This will remove the People pane from Outlook.
Much of the original Social connector is gone from Outlook: all of the "social providers" (Facebook, LinkedIn, SharePoint integration) were removed. All that is left is (in my opinion) the best, most useful piece: the people pane with it's recent messages results.
People Pane Search
Windows Desktop Search is required for the people pane's search to work. When it's not installed, messages and events associated with the email address will not be found and the people pane will be empty.
The people pane will list the last 50 messages from the selected person, as well as attachments and meetings with that person.
If in the Inactive section: click the Go button at the bottom of the Add-ins dialog to open the COM Add-ins dialog.
Locate the Outlook Social Connector in the list and check the box to enable it.
If it is listed as disabled, select Disabled Add-ins from the dropdown at the bottom of the dialog and then press Go.
If the Social Connector won't stay loaded, see Always Load an Outlook Addin for instructions on how to force it to always load.
In Outlook 2007, look in Tools, Trust Center, Add-ins. The dialog is identical to Outlook 2010 and up. You can also check for disabled add-ins from the Help, Disabled Items menu. If listed, select the add-in and click the Enable button.
- Certificate Error in Outlook's Social Connector
- Emails are not shown in the People Pane (Fixed)
- Goodbye, SharePoint Social Connector
- Help! My Contacts are being updated!
- Is the People Pane secure?
- LinkedIn Social Connector Provider: Gone
- Outlook's Social Connector
- Outlook's Social Connector and Contacts Sync
- Stop Showing Contact Pictures in Messages
- Troubleshooting Outlook's Social Connector