Changing the reminder time on a group of appointments or events is easy. Just use a group by view with the Remind Beforehand field visible and group by it. Then drag items to the group with the reminder time you want them assigned to.
First, when possible create a view with the items you need changed either grouped together or filtered. In this example, we're using the By Category view because we need to change everything in the Anniversary category.
To change the reminder on multiple items at once:
- Make sure at least one of the items has the desired Reminder time set. Times are in minutes.
- Right click on the row of field names and choose Field Chooser.
- Find the Remind Beforehand field and drag it to the row of field names to add it to the view.
- Right click on the Remind Beforehand field and choose Group By Box- this will display the group by region.
- Drag the Remind Beforehand field to the Group By Box so its the secondary group.
- Now drag items from one Remind Before group to another to change their reminder times.
Use the Reminder field to add (or remove) Reminders.
Change the Reminder on Several Appointments Video Tutorial
You can use this method to change many other editable fields, including the Private flag and Company name fields.
To select several items at once, select the first one with the mouse, hold Ctrl and click on the last item. Hold Select to pick and choose non-contiguous items.
To move everything in a group, grab the Group header (Reminder Beforehand: [minutes]) and drag it to another Remind beforehand group.
The Group By Box is is normally hidden under the Folder name, above the row of fields. Show and hide it by right clicking on the row of field names and choose Group By Box.