I get tons of spam from @aol.com, how do I block this is Outlook.com? Outlook.com won't let me add it to the blocked list.
As you have discovered, Outlook.com doesn't allow users to add some popular domains to the Blocked Senders List. You can block individual addresses in the domain, but not the entire domain.
In addition to aol.com, gmail.com and yahoo.com are among the domains that can't be added to the list.
Warning message on Outlook.com:
Error: You can't add this item to this list because it will impact a large number of messages or important notifications.
While Outlook.com does not allow you to add these domains to the blocked sender list, you can create a rule to delete mail (or move it to the Junk mail folder) from these domains as the messages arrives in your Inbox. You'll use the 'words in the senders address' condition.
- In Outlook.com, click the Gear icon and choose Options.
- Look under Mail for Inbox and Sweep Rules.
- Click Plus sign to add a new rule.
- Enter a name for your rule then click on the Select one... dropdown under When the message arrives, and it matches all of these conditions, choose It includes these words > in the sender's address
- Enter the domain name in aol.com format then click the Plus sign or press Enter to add the domain to the list. Add additional domains if desired.
Messages from this domain will be deleted as they arrive in your Inbox.