This page lists utilities that allow you to classify email, manage secure email, and rights management for individual messages.
For tools dealing with securing Outlook and Exchange data with folder and user permissions, see: Managing Exchange Server Permissions
S/Mime and PGP utilities are listed at S/MIME Encryption and Message Security Tools
Public key servers and other services are listed at Secure E-mail Services
- Compression Tools -- Some of these tools can encrypt as well as compress attachments.
- Crypto Law Survey -- Encryption of e-mail is not universally legal. This site tracks encryption law around the world.
- Outlook S/MIME Vulnerability
- OL2002 Recipients Cannot Read Messages When 168-Bit (3DES) Encryption Is Enabled -- discusses UseAlternateDefaultEncryptionAlg registry value
- Quick Start for S/MIME in Exchange Server 2003 (whitepaper)
- OL2002 Recipients Cannot Read Messages When 168-Bit (3DES) Encryption Is Enabled