The Outlook 2016 update released on May 3 2016 is for MSI installations, most often used by volume licensee, not Click to Run (C2R). Office 365 subscribers and Retail purchasers have C2R, and should have these updates installed already. With this update installed, Outlook 2016 MSI will be at version 16.0.4378.1000.
This update adds Defenders of Ukraine Day to the Outlook holiday list for Ukraine and translates it into the MSI-supported UI languages. In addition, translations for some features were updated to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
These issues were fixed:
- When you create a new profile in cached mode and .ost file name contains an MS-DOS device driver name you receive an error message: Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Unknown Error. (A list of device driver names is available in KB74496.)
- Online archive and public folders may disappear from a profile.
- When Outlook connects to an Exchange server in an intranet using MAPI over HTTP and you open the Connection Status dialog box, the Authn column displays Error* but not AutoLogon*.
- The Sync Slider times do not match those available in the Outlook 2016 Administrative Template.
- Outlook ignores the non-policy SyncWindowSetting key if the disk size is smaller than 64 GB. See KB3115009 for more information.
- Outlook deletes or duplicates email messages for POP3 accounts regardless of email settings.