In this video tutorial I'll show you how to create a POP3 account in Outlook 2007. The steps are similar for creating any type of email account.
Before you start, make sure you have the correct POP3 and SMTP account names to use. If you need to use a specific port number or SSL, you'll need that information too.
The setting for Gmail, Hotmail (Outlook.com), GoDaddy, and Yahoo can be found at Online services.
- Go to Tools, Account Settings, New
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP, IMAP or HTTP then click Next
- Select Manually configure account settings or additional server types then click Next
- Select Internet E-mail then click Next
- Type in your desired display name and email address
- Select POP3
- Enter the Incoming mail server name (POP3)
- Enter the Outgoing mail server name (SMTP)
- Enter your username and password
- If you need to authenticate with the outgoing server or change the port number, click More Settings
- To authenticate with the Mail server, switch to the Outgoing server tab and select the correct authentication option
- Enter port numbers and SSL settings on the Advanced tab
- Test your account settings
- Return to Outlook
Video tutorial: Create POP3 account in Outlook 2007
Note: HTTP account type is no longer supported.