Use this method to share the addresses in a distribution list with anyone, even if they do not use Outlook, or to extract the addresses from a Contact Group (distribution list).
- Open the DL
- Outlook 2007 and older: Click on the Send button to expand the menu.
Outlook 2010 and up: Click Forward Group
- Select In Internet Format (vCard)
This opens a new message form with the members of the Contact Group (DL) contained in a text file attached to the message.
If you are using this method to create a text file of the group members, you can also use the File, Save as menu and save the DL as a text file. (In Outlook 2007, Save as is on the Office icon's menu.)
Save List to a Contact Group
Once the recipient receives your forwarded contact group list, they need to copy the rows containing the names and address and paste them into the Members field of a new Contact Group.
- Open the Text file attachment.
- Select and copy the rows of names (copy all names at once)
- In the contact group form, click Add Members, From Outlook Contacts
- Paste the names into the Members field at the bottom of the dialog
- Click OK.
- Enter a name for your group and Save
Video Tutorial: How to forward a Contact Group
Create a Distribution List from a list of addresses - Recipients can use this method to convert the list to a new DL or to add the members to an existing DL.
Create Individual Contacts from a Distribution List - A tutorial showing users how to create contacts from an existing DL. This uses the File, Save method.