In Outlook 2010, File, Properties opens the "Options" dialog that includes the Internet header and the Do not Autoarchive checkbox.
To view the dialog that has the sent, received, and modified dates fields (shown at the right), you need to customize the ribbon or quick access toolbar (QAT).
- Open the Message
- Go to File, Options
- Select either Customize Ribbon or Quick Access Bar
- Select All Commands in the Choose commands from menu
- Click im the list of commands (or tab into it) then Press P to jump to the commands that begin with P
- Scroll down to find Properties, select the second Properties command and add it to the QAT or a group in the ribbon.
- Close the Options dialog.
When you want to check the dates, open the message and click the Properties button you just added.
Appointments only display the modified date. For a macro to display the created date of any Outlook item, see Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item.
Remember: The Do not AutoArchive option is on the Options dialog, accessible either through File, Properties or by clicking the Expand button on the Tags section of the ribbon.