This page contains troubleshooting tips for the Outlook Social Connector and links to additional troubleshooting pages.
Social Connector pane error: an add-in failed to run
A user received this error in the "people pane" in Outlook 2010:
"An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in Internet Options for potential conflicts"
This error occurs because ActiveX is disabled in the Internet zone. You need to open Internet Options, then go to the Security tab. Select Internet Zone, Custom Level, scroll down to ActiveX Controls and plugins and enable the option for "Run ActiveX Controls and plug-ins". If Internet Explorer is locked down to prevent ActiveX controls from running, you won't be able to use the people pane.
- Certificate Error in Outlook's Social Connector
- Change the Social Connector Account
- Facebook Provider: Invalid Username and Password Error
- Help! My Contacts are being updated!
- Internet Explorer's History has Temp Entries from Outlook's Social Connector
- Is the People Pane secure?
- Outlook Social Connector’s Add to Facebook page 404′s
- Outlook's News Feed Folders
- Outlook's Social Connector
- Outlook's Social Connector and Contacts Sync
- Outlook's Social Connector and Facebook security settings
- Social Connector Updates and Hotfixes
- Stop Showing Contact Pictures in Messages