Current version of Outlook for Macintosh computers: Outlook 2011 for Mac. Note that it requires the newer Mac OS and Intel chips.
Microsoft Outlook 2001 for Macintosh is available in the CD set for Exchange 2000 Server Service Pack 1 (and later SPs). It operates only with Microsoft Exchange Server and does not support connections to other types of mail servers, such as POP or IMAP.
Outlook Web Access is another option for connecting Macintosh computers to Exchange Server.
Microsoft also provides Exchange Update for Entourage X to allow Office X or Entourage X users to connect to Microsoft Exchange.
- Exchange Update for Entourage X
- Outlook2001 download
- Microsoft Outlook 2001 for Mac — also included in Exchange 2000 Service Pack 1 (and later SPs); screenshots below.
- Outlook Web Access
- Outlook 8.2.2 for Macintosh client — Outlook 8.2.2 includes several bug fixes.
Versions of Exchange Server before 5.5 included an Exchange client for Macintosh.
None of these Exchange Server clients should be confused with Entourage, the PIM application in Office 2001 for Macintosh. Entourage does Internet mail only; Outlook 2001 does Exchange Server only.
Outlook 8.2.2 client:
- XCLN Windows and Macintosh Exchange Clients Interoperability
- Maximizing Productivity with Outlook for Mac
- Microsoft Outlook 8.2 Quick Source Reference Guide for Macintosh
- Exchange 5.5 and Mac Outlook Client — Only independent support site that we know of for Outlook/Mac.
- OL98: How Outlook for Windows Saves Macintosh Attachments to Maximize Compatibility
- XCLN: Outlook for Macintosh May Lose Connectivity
- XCLN: Macintosh Outlook Ends Unexpectedly with Type 2 Error
- XCLN: Outlook For Macintosh Stops Responding at Splash Screen
- OL2000 How To Move Messages from a Macintosh to a Personal Computer
- OL97 How to Move Addresses from Outlook for the Macintosh
- XCLN Support for Macintosh Operating System
- XCLN Removing and Reinstalling the Macintosh Client
- OutlookExchange Mac Client Hangs Workstation While Attempting to Find Server
- XCLN Client Unable to Change Windows NT Password
- XWEB How to Use Outlook Web Access Web Services & HTML Forms
- Outlook for Macintosh Edition Does Not Have HTML Support
- XCLN Outlook For Macintosh Stops Responding at Splash Screen
- OL2001 Direct Booking of Resources Is Not Supported
- XCLN .Pst and .Pab Files Not Interchangeable
These newsgroups cover Outlook for Macintosh.
- macoutlook — at Yahoo!Groups
Microsoft has released a free Exchange Update for Entourage Xto allow Office X or Entourage X standalone users to connect to Microsoft Exchange. Features include:
- IMAP connection for getting mail
- Synchronization between Entourage calendar and address book and Exchange mailbox Calendar and Contacts folders
- Access to Exchange free/busy information for scheduling
- Access to Exchange Global Address List for address lookups
For more information on Entourage, see:
- Entourage home page
- Discussion list for Entourage
- Microsoft Answers Mac Office forum.
- ENT2001 You Cannot Import Messages from Outlook and Outlook Express
- ENT2001 How to Rebuild Your Identity Database in Entourage
- ENTX Importing Contacts from Windows Version of Outlook Puts All Fields in Quotation Marks
- Some Exchange Server Folders Are Missing When You View Them with Entourage X
Microsoft Outlook 2001 for Macintosh
For more information, see:
Outlook 2001 does not include any support for HTML or plain text format message, PDA synchronization, custom fields and forms, categories
For Mac users. Export contacts from a specific category in Outlook 2011 or Entourage.
Import/export between Entourage, Outlook, and other programs, from MVP Paul Berkowitz. Also see Improving the Outlook for Entourage for more on these scripts and the conversion process.
Kernel for OLM to PST software migrates Outlook 2011 for Mac OLM files to Window's Outlook PST file format. The utility also repairs corrupt OLM files and convert them to PST file format that can be easily read in Outlook on Windows.
MessageSave is an Outlook add-in for archiving and saving email messages. This powerful and intuitive plugin supports msg, txt, eml and mbox formats. It enables manual, rule-based and schedule-based operation. Use MessageSave to save e-mail messages for archiving, data retention, regulatory compliance, document management, backup, email sharing and exporting Outlook email to other mail clients, such as Mac Mail.app. Version 220.127.116.113.
Converts Outlook PST account files into the Entourage RGE format for import into Microsoft Entourage.
Converts the Outlook .PST account file into formats for import into Mac's iCal, Address Book and Mail programs.
Exports Outlook mail, calendar, and contacts to mbox, iCal, and vCard files for import into Entourage and other Macintosh mail and collaboration programs. Can also be used to extract all file attachments to a system folder.
Stellar Phoenix OLM Repair software recovers the corrupt file of Mac Outlook 2011 with all its mailbox components. This software is compatible with Mac OS X versions - 10.5.8, 10.6 and 10.7 and has a user friendly interface. It repairs the OLM file and saves it into .RGE format which later can be imported into Outlook.
- Outlook2Mac — Exports Outlook data from PC to Mac-compatible mbox, iCal, and vCard files for import into Entourage and other programs
- Max OS X 10.3.2 — Improved synchronization between address book and Exchange
- OfficeX Resource Kit: Known Issues in Microsoft Exchange Update for Entourage X
- Entourage X Mac for Exchange Server (macwindows)