December 2011 Update: KB2596993
The following Outlook 2007 issues are addressed in KB 2596993
- Offline address books over 2GB in size won't download.
- Dismissing several reminders at once does not dismiss all of the reminders.
- Searching in online mode doesn't allow you to preview the found items.
- Searching other user's mailboxes does not return expected results.
- Changing the criteria of a search folder many result in an error message.
- You cannot save RTF messages that are protected by IRM.
- Templates created using RTF format open in HTML format.
- Attachments contained in a Quoted-Printable UTF8 attachment in Outlook 2007 may be corrupted.
- Updates to shared calendars are not synced with the Exchange server. Editing recurring appointments on a shared calendar may not work as expected.
- A public folder calendar may not be visible when it's added to a group schedule that is in another public folder in Outlook 2007.
- Removing an attendee from a meeting does not remove them from the associated Workspace.
October 25 2011
- An issue with public folders, when they are replicated on two servers. If you use Outlook 2007 in online mode and the main server is down, Outlook may stop responding when you switch to a public folder.
- When you open an Outlook item that contains an attachment after enabling the OpenAttachmentsReadOnly and DisableAttachmentPreview registry entries the item is not opened read-only.
- When migrating from a Lotus Domino server to a Microsoft Business Productivity Online Standard Suite (BPOS) server, forwarding messages may cause Outlook 2007 to crash.
- An HTML message containing smart quotes or bullets is displayed as plain text in your Sent Items folder and in the Inbox folder of the recipient when you enable the PreferANSI registry entry and select the Request S/MIME receipt for all S/MIME signed messages check box.
- Assigning delegate permissions to a user who has Free/Busy permissions resets the Free/Busy permissions to Free/Busy time.
August 30 2011 Hotfix
This hotfix fixes a number of issues, including problems created by earlier updates.
- The issues addressed by this update include:
- Forwarding messages protected by IRM results in a blank body.
- Outlook stops responding when you try to open an encrypted email message. This is related to the KMS and the hotfix disables it.
- Reminders don't fire in online mode after applying the hotfix in KB 2544404.
- The AutoArchive button is disabled. For mailboxes added using the Auto Mapping feature after applying the hotfix in KB 2412171 or KB 2475891
- New folders created in shared mailboxes don't display until after you restart Outlook.
- Outlook stops responding when you switch between calendars or between mail items and calendar items.
- You cannot open a hyperlink that contains "file://" and the number sign (#) in an email message.
- Converting an .eml file that contains a delivery report to an .msg file crashes Outlook.
- Outlook stops responding when you send an email message after enabling tracking in Dynamics CRM..
- When you forward a .msg file the body text is missing in the forwarded file.
- Printing takes longer than expected after installing the hotfix in KB 973404.
This hotfix can be downloaded from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2553028
For a complete list of Office 2007 update packages, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2588820
June 2011 Updates
Several hotfixes were released for Outlook 2007 in June 2011. The first (2007 Office system hotfix package (mso-x-none.msp)) addresses an issue with SharePoint tasks where Outlook stops responding when you attempt to open a workflow task that was already deleted from the server.
The second hotfix applies to users with IMAP accounts where messages include text from other messages under very specific circumstances. Note that this bug has the potential to leak confidential data. See Office Outlook 2007 hotfix package (tzmove-x-none.msp, outlook-x-none.msp) for details and to download this hotfix.
The next hotfix, Office Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Outlook-x-none.msp), covers a number of issues, including crashes caused by a Form Region add-in and meeting requests.
Other issues addressed by the hotfix in include:
- Attachments are not visible when a user forwards a message from his Exchange account to an outside user, who forwards it back to someone within the Exchange organization.
- Messages display in the Outbox folder instead of the Sent Items folder.
- Windows Search crashes repeatedly when indexing an Outlook data file.
- The Outlook Today page displays instead of the shared folder when you open a folder another user shared with you.
- Outlook 2007 does not start again after it encounters a bad state (does not start or displays no UI in several minutes).
Outlook 2007 Hotfix (April 26, 2011)
A new update for Outlook 2007 was released this week. Among the issues it addresses are:
- When you use Outlook 2007 to send a meeting request email message to other users and a user proposes a new time for the meeting, when you open the meeting response and View All Proposals, the new proposed time is not visible in the list of proposals. Additionally, when you accept the proposal, the meeting request time is not updated - it uses the time on the original request.
- The To: field and the Cc: field are empty when you use Outlook 2007 to open and print an .eml file. Note that this hotfix lets users print the To: field and the Cc: field only when in Online mode or PIM-only ("no mail") mode.
- If you create a contact that includes a company name, then search for the company name and select the returned contact, Outlook 2007 crashes when use the New Contact from Same Company command.
- Outlook 2007 may crash when you try to use the Month view to print multiple months of a calendar that contains a lot of items.
- In certain Add-in integration scenarios, calls to the activeexplorer.currentview property return useless data.
- Email messages that contain multiple pages of text prints slowly in Outlook 2007 after applying the hotfix in KB973404.
- When you search the offline address book of a user whose certificate or record is larger than 64 kb, you receive an error message: The operation could be completed because an offline address is not available. Download a company offline address book.
- When you enable the Cached Exchange Mode settings on your email account and access the public folder from the Exchange Server Service entry using MFCMAPI and delete the PR_DISPLAY_NAME property, when you log into the account using Outlook 2007, the name of the Public Folders folder in the title bar displays incorrectly when you click on the Public Folders folder in the navigation pane.
Outlook 2007's February 2011 Cumulative Update
February 2011's Office 2007 cumulative update includes two hotfixes for Outlook 2007.
The first hotfix (KB2501627) addresses an issue where users of smartcard-based authentication are locked out the first time they enter an incorrect PIN, ignoring the PIN lockout policy setting. (This hotfix is also included in the cumulative update.)
The cumulative update (KB3475891) addresses the issues caused by the December update (KB2412171) which was re-released in January. Users who blocked that update will need to verify the problems it caused are fixed. This includes issues such as the inability to log on to a POP or IMAP account that is configured to use Secure Password Authentication (SPA), Outlook 2007 becomes slow when you switch between different folder views, and the AutoArchive button is unavailable to users with non-Exchange accounts.
Other issues addressed by KB3475891 include opening an .eml file in Outlook 2007, the To and Cc fields are not displayed and the following issues with shared mailboxes:
- The meeting request is deleted from the calendar when a tentative response is deleted from the Inbox.
- Outlook crashes when you try to view another user’s calendar.
- Opening an email message that has a read receipt request generates an error message: "Cannot open this item. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. "
- Adding an attachment that exceeds the message size limit to an existing email message in a shared mailbox but does not generate a warning that the attachment exceeds the allowable size.
- When a delegate edits an appointment, the delegate is not listed as the last person to modify the appointment.
See Description of the Office Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Outlook-x-none.msp): February 22, 2011 for the complete list of problems fixed.
The smartcard PIN lockout hotfix is in Description of the Office Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Outlook-x-none.msp): February 22, 2011
See Office 2007 Cumulative Update for February 2011 for the entire list of Office hotfixes included in the February 2011 cumulative update.
Office 2007 SP3
Includes all previously released service packs, hotfixes and updates.