To create a custom form that has a preset start and end time, you need to open the form in design mode, add a little VBScript then publish the form. You can then either set the form as your default appointment form or select it from the New Items menu.
To use the form, select a date in the calendar and click the New button.
To create the form:
- Open a new Outlook Appointment form
- If the Developer ribbon is not visible, go to File, Options customize Ribbon and add a check to enable the Developer ribbon
- On the developer ribbon, click Design This Form
- Click View Code button to open the Script Editor. (It looks like Notepad.)
- Paste the Script into the editor window and close the editor.
- Test the form by clicking the Run This Form button
- Publish it by clicking Publish
- Enter a name for the form.
- Close the form and return to Outlook
To set the form as the default for the folder, right click on the folder and choose Properties. Select the form from the 'When posting, use form' dialog.
Function Item_Open () Dim SelCalendarDate SelCalendarDate = DateValue(Item.Start) Item.Start = SelCalendarDate & " " & TimeValue("8:00 AM") Item.End = SelCalendarDate & " " & TimeValue("6:00 PM") End Function