In this week's version of a run a script rule, a simple script marks messages read when the message begins with certain words, in this case the words are "Thank you".
In order for the rule to work with thank you, Thank You, Thank you, or even THank you, you need to use LCASE. This converts the string to lower case before trying to match it.
Sub MarkRead(Item As Outlook.MailItem) If Left(LCase(Item.Body), 9) = "thank you" Then Item.UnRead = False Item.Save End If End Sub
More Run a Script Samples:
- Autoaccept a Meeting Request using Rules
- Forward meeting details to another address
- How to Change the Font used for Outlook's RSS Feeds
- Keep Canceled Meetings on Outlook's Calendar
- Move messages CC'd to an address
- Outlook's Rules and Alerts: Run a Script
- Process messages received on a day of the week
- Read Outlook Messages using Plain Text
- Run a script rule: Autoreply using a template
- Run a Script Rule: Change Subject then Forward Message
- Run a Script Rule: Send a new message when a message arrives
- Save Outlook email as a PDF